Join a group of premier Chicago tech companies, teams, and design firms on Martin Luther King Jr. Day to empower local non-profits to solve community health problems – like violence and access to healthcare – with the power of technology.
Attendees from the tech and business world will hear from various community groups about their work and will be given an opportunity to contribute via a new, structured brainstorming activity.
- Dr. King’s “I Have a Dream” speech delivered by poetic storyteller Oba William King.
- Welcome from Yemi Akisanya, Director of Diversity & Inclusion, OCC & i.c.stars Chicago Advisory Board member.
- Presentation from the States Attorney’s Office Chief Data Officer on the the Hacking 4 Justice initiative and transparency in Criminal Justice.
- An overview of the innovative work from the READI Chicago violence prevention program leveraging predictive analytics from the UChicago Crime Labs .
- A design thinking overview by Beth Bond, Head of City Development at Bosch, to help frame community conversations and map out solutions on how technology can further the work of Community Based Organizations in Chicago.
- Facilitated collaboration between technologists and CBOs on how technology can further the work of violence prevention and other community impact activities.
- A dynamic “impact pitch” competition from the teams of CBOs/ tech teams to a VIP panel.Yemi Akisanya, OCC
Derek Eder, DataMade & Chi Hack Night
Bionce Fox, iHeartMedia
Justin Imo, Accenture
Collin Peterson, JPMorgan Chase
Claudia Sulkowski, Salesforce
- A unique presentation from the Children of Hack the Dream on what the next generation sees in their world and the future.
You can view a gallery of photos from Hack the Dream 2018 here:https://flic.kr/s/aHskrUJ2Ur
If interested in sponsorship opportunities for Hack the Dream 2019 please contact Amanda Hogan, Director of Corporate Partnerships at (312) 248-4371 or firstname.lastname@example.org.