- About Us
- My Profile
Terms of Service
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on i.c.stars’ web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on i.c.stars’ web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by i.c.stars at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
Use of Materials
The content within the Service is protected by copyright and other laws in both the United States and elsewhere. The Service includes both content owned or controlled by i.c.stars as well as content owned or controlled by third parties and licensed to i.c.stars (collectively, the “Materials”).
i.c.stars authorizes you to view and download a single copy of the Materials solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You may not sell or modify the Materials or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, or otherwise use the Materials in any way for any public or commercial purpose without the written permission of i.c.stars. Special rules may apply to the use of certain software and other items provided via the Services, and are noted where appropriate.
If you would like information about obtaining i.c.stars’ permission to use any of the Materials on your Web site, please send an e-mail to info [at] icstars [dot] org .
You agree that you are responsible for your own conduct and communications while using the Service and for any consequences thereof. You agree to use the Service only to send and receive messages and material that are legal, proper and related to the particular Group. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using the Service, you will not:
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- post any inappropriate, defamatory, infringing, obscene, or unlawful Content;
- post any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret or other proprietary right of any party (the “Rights”), unless you are the owner of the Rights or have the permission of the owner to Post such Content;
- post messages that promote pyramid schemes, chain letters or disruptive commercial messages or advertisements, or anything else prohibited by the Group owner.
- impersonate another person or entity, or falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is Posted;
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Service;
- use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose;
- interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- submit Content that falsely expresses or implies that such Content is sponsored or endorsed by i.c.stars;
- create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses;
- promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities or promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual; or
- transmit any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, or any items of a destructive nature.
- International users agree to comply with their own local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content, including laws regulating the export of data to the United States or your country of residence.
While i.c.stars prohibits such conduct and Content in connection with the Service, you understand and agree that you nonetheless may be exposed to such conduct and/or Content and that you use the Service at your own risk.
The materials on i.c.stars’ web site are provided “as is”. i.c.stars makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, i.c.stars does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
You agree to hold harmless and indemnify i.c.stars from and against any third party claim arising from or in any way related to your use of the Service, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys’ fees, of every kind and nature. In such a case, i.c.stars will provide you with written notice of such claim, suit or action.
In no event shall i.c.stars or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on i.c.stars’ Internet site, even if i.c.stars or a i.c.stars authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on i.c.stars’ web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. i.c.stars does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. i.c.stars may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. i.c.stars does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
i.c.stars has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by i.c.stars of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
Any claim relating to i.c.stars’ web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois without regard to its conflict of law provisions. General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
Proprietary Rightsi.c.stars’ Rights
i.c.stars and its affiliates and licensors own and retain all rights in the Service, which contains proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. Except as expressly authorized by i.c.stars, you may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display or sell any of i.c.stars’ proprietary information. “i.c.stars”, the “i.c.stars” logo and “i.c.stars Community” are trademarks of i.c.stars.Your Rights
i.c.stars claims no ownership or control over any Content submitted, Posted or displayed by you on or through the Service. You or a third party licensor, as appropriate, retain all patent, trademark and copyright to any Content you submit, Post or display on or through the Service and you are responsible for protecting those rights, as appropriate. By submitting, Posting or displaying Content on or through the Service, you grant i.c.stars a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to reproduce, adapt and publish such Content on the Service solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting the Service or any other I.c.stars Services. This license terminates when such Content is deleted from the Service. i.c.stars reserves the right to syndicate Content submitted, Posted or displayed by you on or through the Service and use that Content in connection with other services offered by i.c.stars.Digital Millennium Copyright Act
It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
General Practices Regarding Use and Storage
You agree that i.c.stars has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any Content maintained or Posted by or through the Service. You acknowledge that i.c.stars has set no fixed upper limit on the number of transmissions you may send or receive through the Service or the amount of storage space used; however, we retain the right, at our sole discretion, to create limits at any time with or without notice.
Term and Termination
These Terms of Service will apply to your use of the Service. You may terminate your use of the Service immediately at any time, for any reason, by contacting i.c.stars Support. We may terminate your use of the Service immediately at any time, for any reason, and at such time you will have no right to use the Service. Our proprietary rights, disclaimer of warranties, indemnities, limitations of liability and miscellaneous provisions shall survive any such termination.